Vivek Ganti is a technology lawyer and registered patent attorney with a focus on intellectual property. He frequently represents clients in matters pertaining to patent enforcement and defense, post grant review, and patent prosecution. His patent litigation practice involves developing infringement, invalidity, and claim construction strategies as well as engaging in discovery, motion drafting, and taking/defending depositions. Mr. Ganti has participated in over 40 inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). He typically serves as lead counsel, and has participated in over a dozen oral arguments at the PTAB. He has also handled appeals to the Federal Circuit, where he has served as first chair.
<p”>In addition, Mr. Ganti counsels clients on building patent portfolios that align with strategic and business objectives. Mr. Ganti’s clients include small companies seeking to protect their core technology, larger companies desiring to maintain their growth as innovators, and companies interested in developing patent portfolios for licensing or litigation purposes. Throughout his career, he has prosecuted hundreds of patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Representative technologies include sensors, network connectivity (e.g., IoT), wireless and cellular networks, video transcoding, server-client systems, broadband gateway devices, packet switched networks, mesh networks, server blade systems, analog circuits, integrated circuit fabrication, power amplification, digital signal processing, Basic Input/Output Systems, other computer-based systems, pneumatic systems, and other mechanical systems.
Prior to law school, Mr. Ganti worked as a product development engineer at Intel performing failure analysis on silicon devices. During law school, Mr. Ganti worked at Intel and Adobe developing and evaluating patent portfolios.
- Patent (including Post-Grant Reviews)
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2018-19
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2017-18
- Northern District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, 2004
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, JD, 2010
- High Tech Law Certificate
- Vice President, South Asian Law Student Association
- Technical Editor, Computer and High Tech Law Journal