Steven G. Hill
Steve Hill is a co-founder of Hill, Kertscher & Wharton, LLP. To date, Mr. Hill has successfully represented clients in over 200 cases involving patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret claims. He has tried other business disputes as well, including RICO, antitrust and franchise disputes.
After winning a $1.89 million award in a trial before U.S. District Judge Charles A. Pannell, Jr. in 2011, Judge Pannell appointed Mr. Hill as a Special Master to prepare reports and recommendations to the Court in two separate intellectual property cases.
Law and Politics Magazine has three times recognized Mr. Hill as a Georgia Super Lawyer for intellectual property litigation, and Georgia Trend Magazine named Mr. Hill one of its Legal Elite in intellectual property litigation each of the last two years. Mr. Hill has served as a guest speaker, television commentator and expert witness on matters relating to patent, copyright and trademark litigation.
Mr. Hill is also an accomplished business litigator and he recently and successfully defended of Moe’s Southwest Grill and its founder Martin Sprock against RICO and fraud claims asserted by over thirty Moe’s restaurant franchisees.
Mr. Hill is permanently admitted to the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal Circuit as well as the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits. In addition to his permanent admission to all Georgia federal district courts, he is permanently admitted to the Eastern District of Texas, with experience in numerous patent cases in Marshall, Texarkana and Tyler. He has handled numerous cases as lead counsel in other popular venues around the country, including the Western District of Wisconsin, Northern District of California, Eastern District of Virginia and Southern District of New York.
In the last five years, Mr. Hill has also competed in sixteen half marathons and numerous other distance and obstacle races.
Representative Experience: (click case type to view)
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, TN (1994)
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX (1991)
- Study Abroad at University College, Oxford University
Professional and Community Associations & Memberships:
- Vanderbilt National Moot Court Team
- Vanderbilt Moot Court Board
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Voted “Georgia Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation 3 times by Atlanta Magazine
- Georgia Legal Elite: 2012, 2013
- Rated 10.0/10.0 Superb by AVVO
- Best Oral Advocate, National Health Law Moot Court Competition
- Third Place, National Health Law Moot Court Competition
- Phi Beta Kappa
- President’s Scholar
- National Collegiate Debate Champion
- Texas State Collegiate Debate Champion
- 1991 Most Outstanding Senior Student Award