Julie Burke is a seasoned litigator and trial lawyer who focuses her practice on employee-employer lawsuits. Mrs. Burke has successfully represented her clients in a variety of lawsuits against their employer, including cases involving disability under the ADA, discrimination under Title VII, leave protected by the FMLA, and payment of wages under the FLSA. Mrs. Burke has also represented clients who were fired in retaliation for asserting their rights under federal law.
In addition to federal discrimination and retaliation work, Mrs. Burke has extensive experience representing clients in breach of contract, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and privacy invasion lawsuits, among others.
Mrs. Burke also reviews and advises clients on their employment contracts, particularly as concerning non-competition covenants, prospective employment, and severance.
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Contract Review
- Tort Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District court, Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Georgia Superior and State Courts
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- Summa cum laude
- Law Review, Notes Editor
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Emory University, B.A., Political Science
- Magna cum laude
- Champion, National Debate Tournament (2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa