Julie Burke is a seasoned litigator and trial lawyer who focuses her practice on employee-employer lawsuits. She has successfully represented clients in a variety of lawsuits against their employer, including cases involving disability under the ADA, discrimination under Title VII, leave protected by the FMLA, and payment of wages under the FLSA. Julie also represents clients who are fired in retaliation for asserting their rights under federal law.
In addition to federal discrimination and retaliation work, Julie has extensive experience representing clients in breach of contract, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and privacy invasion lawsuits, among others.
Julie also reviews and advises clients on employment contracts, particularly those concerning non-competition covenants, prospective employment, and severance.
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Contract Review
- Tort Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District court, Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Georgia Superior and State Courts
Honors & Awards
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine (2021)
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- Summa cum laude
- Law Review, Notes Editor
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Emory University, B.A., Political Science
- Magna cum laude
- Champion, National Debate Tournament (2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Glenn Pelham Foundation, Board Member
- Fired Ryder Worker Sues Over Disability Bias, Law360, July 2022
- Lawsuit Claims State Juvenile Justice Agency Illegally Fired Woman Under COVID-19 Quarantine, Daily Report, January 2021
- Georgia Factory Worker, Fired After Miscarriage Scare, Sues Ex-Employer Over Attendance Policy, Reckon, January 2021
- Jury Gives $550K to Ex-Partner, Returns $105K to Law Firm, Daily Report, November 2014
- Intern, Honorable Steve C. Jones, Western Judicial District Superior Court