Gregory T. Ourada
Greg Ourada is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on both business transactions and intellectual property for clients ranging from startups to large, multi-national enterprises. His business transactions practice involves assisting clients with a full range of business issues such as contract negotiation, equity and debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, and technology licensing. Greg’s trademark practice involves advising clients on trademark clearance, brand strategy, registration, and enforcement, and managing the firm’s sizable client portfolio of both national and international trademarks. As a patent attorney, he prosecutes patent applications, advises clients on a wide range of patent-related matters including prior art searching, freedom-to-operate, and enforcement, and assists the firm’s litigation practice team with patent litigation matters.
Prior to law school, Greg served for seven years on active duty in the U.S. Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer. His sea tours included two Middle Eastern and Western Pacific deployments aboard frigates and destroyers. Ashore, he was an instructor at Surface Warfare Officers’ School in Newport, RI, where he was certified as a U.S. Navy Master Training Specialist.
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Georgia State University School of Law, J.D.
- Vice President, Intellectual Property Law Society
- Member, Intellectual Property Advisory Board
- Southern Region Semifinalist, AIPLA Patent Moot Court competition
- Georgia State University, MBA
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Aerospace Engineering
- 1995 Dean’s List
- NROTC Honor Graduate
- State Bar of Georgia